CHAIN MAKINGfitzgerald jewelry school
This workshop focuses on the methods used to make hand made chains and findings from silver wire. Methods will be taught to create jump rings of one size to create a uniform chain that will be soldered and methods used to create irregular sized links to create an organic chain that is fused.
The Instructor will work closely with the students to refine skills needed to create a necklace or bracelet.
May 6, 2018 - CANCELLED
October 7, 2018
Silver will be provided.
You may bring in your own tools or rent them at the studio ($15).
Chain Making Workshop Tool List:
- 1 Saw Frame
- 1 dz. Saw blades 2/0
- 1 Half round hand file (#0, coarse)
- 1 set medium needle files
- 1 round needle nose pliers
- 1 chain nose pliers
- 1 flush cutting pliers
- 1 flat nose pliers
- Large half round file (German cut #2)
Zak Jewelry Tools, Inc
55 West 47th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036
* We will happily pick up tools for you. Place your order in advance (atleast 2 days before) and let us know via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Davina Romansky