GYPSY SETTINGfitzgerald jewelry school
In this one day workshop you will learn how to drill, open up and prepare metal to set stones flush into the piece. Students will practice setting on provided plates of metal in different size stones and once confident proceed to set stones on their own pieces with the guidance of the teacher. Please bring in completed pieces to gypsy set stones in otherwise you can keep practicing on plates; we do offer 3 hours of bench time on us which you can use to come in and make something beforehand. CZ's will be available in house or you may bring your own faceted stones - we recommend hard stones such as sapphires and diamonds.
July 22, 2018
November 11, 2018
Gypsy Flush Setting Tool List :
- Lynx Setting Burs 1.9mm, 2.9mm, 3.9mm - 2 per size
- Ball burs 1.5mm, 2.5mm - 1 per size
- High speed drill bits 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm - 2 per size
- Ring clamp (wood)
- Sliding pocket size gauge
- Bent chain- nose pliers
- Wax bur life
- (2) Manual Stainless Steel Center Punch https://www.riogrande.com/product/center-punch/118116
- Wooden Graver Handle
- Your own completed jewelry piece you want to set stones in.
- We will provide 2mm, 3mm & 4mm CZs. You are more than welcome to bring in your own faceted stones of the same size (2mm, 3mm, 4mm).
- Diamond tweezers
- Triplet loop or opt visor
- Silicon Wheels small knife edge - white and pink 5pcs packs
Supplies can be purchased at:
Zak Jewelry Tools, Inc
55 West 47th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036
* We will happily pick up tools for you. Email us a list of what you need the Wednesday before class starts - email@example.com
Instructor: Davina Romansky