PRONG WORKSHOPfitzgerald jewelry school
Learn to prong set your own gemstones in this one day weekend workshop. Starting with sterling silver 4 prong settings and faceted round gemstones, learn how to measure and account for depth and shape of the stone, cut a seat and create a bearing with files & burs.
You will walk out with your own prong set hand fabricated ring!
Oct 21, 2018
12 - 6pm
Prong Setting Tools list
-We will provide : 4mm, 5mm, 6mm CZs (You are welcome to bring your own stones of the same size)
- 4mm, 5mm, 6mm high speed setting burs (set of 3 each)
- 3mm hart bur
- Square needle file (German cut #2)
- Chain-nose pliers
- Green (400 grit) and blue (1,200 grit) wet dry sandpaper
- Ring clamp
- Sliding stone gauge
- Stiff bristle brush
- Opti-visor (magnifying glasses)
- Wax bur life
- Silicon knife wheel for finishing, light blue (fine) and pink (very fine)
Supplies can be purchased at:
Zak Jewelry Tools, Inc (in person)
55 West 47th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036
Rio Grande Jewelry Supply (online)
Allow 7 business days for delivery.
* IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO PICK UP TOOLS FOR YOU, EMAIL US NO LATER THAN THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE CLASS STARTS.
Instructor: Davina Romansky