SILVERSMITHING BEGINNERSfitzgerald jewelry school
A fast paced introduction to the art of jewelry making. In this class students will learn how to make a hollow ring through which will learn and become very proficient at soldering, filing, sawing, piercing and polishing.
Students will come out with their own original design fabricated into a one of a kind piece. And have the option to continue to come in for studio bench time where supervisors will be available to help students with future projects.
2 DAY INTENSIVE
Aug 11-12, Saturday + Sunday 12-7PM
Oct 20 - Nov10, Saturdays 12-3pm
You may bring your own tools or rent tools at the studio. Tools boxes are $15 and must be ordered in advanced since availability is limited. Email us at email@example.com.
- 1 Saw Frame
- 1 dz. Saw blades 3/0
- 1 Half round hand file (#0, coarse)
- 1 set medium needle files
- 1 round needle nose pliers
- 1 half round pliers (flat with half round)
- 1 flat pliers
- 1 sheet each wet/dry sandpaper: 220, 320, 400, & 600
- 1 expandable drum arbor ½”x ½ ” (item #14.626)
- Krazy glue (can be found at any hardware store)
- 1 dust mask
- 1 pair safety glasses (tomahawk) (not the goggles)
- 1 sliding brass gauge (item #GAU169.60) or Precision Sliding
You can purchase tools at:
Zak Jewelry Tools, Inc.
55 West 47th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036
You can either pick up in person or order online
*If you don't have time to pick up tools, let us know and we will happily pick them up for you :)
251 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York, NY 11211• (718) 387-6200