WAX CARVING - SETTINGSfitzgerald jewelry school
In this class students will create a cabochon bezel setting for a ring using the wax carving technique. In the second class students will learn how to set their stones in the ring they created the first class, as well as how to finish their metal piece.
Sep 29 + Oct 6, 2018
You may bring your own tools or rent tools at the studio. Tools boxes are $15 and must be ordered in advanced since availability is limited. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wax File 8"
- Dividers with replaceable tips
- Economy needle file set cut 0
- Small steel ruler
- Jeweler's adjustable saw frame 5"
- Cylinder single cut bur – 1.2mm & 2.3mm
- Wax Pen, double battery (optional)
- Stones will be available for purchase at the studio or you may bring your own. If you are bringing your own, make sure the stone is minimum 3mm round cabochon with a hardness of 7 or higher on the moh scale. Examples include: sapphires, amethysts, tourmalines, citrines, topaz, rubies, and garnets.
Zak Jewelry Tools, Inc. (Tools & Supplies)
55 West 47th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10036
R Gems (Stone Supplier - bring cash)
48 W 48th St #210, New York, NY 10036
Dikra Gems (Stone Supplier - bring cash)
56 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036
*IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO PICK UP TOOLS FOR YOU, MAKE SURE TO EMAIL US NO LATER THEN THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE CLASS BEGINS.
251 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York, NY 11211